Share This Article
The 12th Grand Prix of the current Formula 1 season, held in France, ended with the triumph of Max Verstappen. The Dutch pilot of Red Bull drove a great race and won the French Grand Prix without question marks.
French Grand Prix details
Max won the 27th race in his career. It should be noted that Charles Leclerc started the French Grand Prix from the leading position. Still, in the current season, we have already gotten used to the misfortunes and fiascos of Ferrari and the Monaco pilot. Leclerc confidently maintained the lead from the start until the 18th lap but suddenly lost control of the car, went off the road, and crashed into a barrier.
Although the pilot and the car were not seriously damaged, Charles could not continue the race. Consequently, in a race in which he had a great chance to get maximum points, he remained scoreless, which is another disappointment.
The latter was perfectly taken advantage of by Verstappen, who was following Leclerc on the track, and after his cut-off, he galloped and kept first place until the end of the race without being in danger.
Mercedes had a great race with two pilots on the podium. The legendary Lewis Hamilton finished the Grand Prix in second place and climbed to the podium – for the third time in a row and for the 187th time in his career, and the 3rd position went to his teammate George Russell. Russell overtook Red Bull’s Sergio Perez with four laps to finish 4th.
Special mention should be made of Carlos Sainz, who started the race from the last position but ended up in 5th place and deservedly received the title of a fighter of the day. It should be noted that Sainz was also in 3rd place, but before the end of the race, he had to enter the pits due to a tire problem, which is why he could not get on the podium.
French Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) +10.587
- George Russell (Mercedes) +16.495
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull) +17.310
- Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) +28.872
- Fernando Alonso (Renault) +42.879
- Lando Norris (McLaren) +52.026
- Esteban Ocon (Renault) +56.959
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren) +60.372
- Lance Stroll (Aston Martin) +62.549
Thus, Verstappen increased his lead over Leclerc in the overall standings and firmly established himself in the leading position by winning the French Grand Prix. At the same time, Sergio Perez came very close to the Ferrari pilot:
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) – 233 points
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) – 170 points
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull) – 163 points
- Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) – 144 points
- George Russell (Mercedes) – 143 points
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) – 127 points
- Lando Norris (McLaren) – 70 points
- Esteban Ocon (Renault) – 56 points
- Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo) – 46 points
- Fernando Alonso (Renault) – 37 points
In the fight for the Constructors’ Cup, Red Bull significantly improved its position with Ferrari, and Mercedes got even closer to the Italian team:
- Red Bull – 396 points
- Ferrari – 314 points
- Mercedes – 270 points
- Renault – 93 points
- McLaren – 89 points
The next 13th race of the current Formula 1 season will be held on July 31 at the Hungaroring in Hungary.